Monday, October 6, 2008

Siblings

This past weekend was so much fun! We had a "sibling reunion" here in Seattle. My brother, Konnor, and his wife, Tana, flew up from Oklahoma and Aubyn & Scott came down from Canada. Our time together was complete with lots of laughing, tons of food, good conversation, an excellent concert, a surprise baby shower, three birthday celebrations, and a little bit of sleeping.


We met Ryan for lunch in the middle of his school/work day. Rooke was having fun with Uncle Konnor and the chopsticks!

Later, we headed downtown for a little shopping.

Aubyn & Scott are fun with their music . . . they're always making up some song, and Rooke loves it when Uncle Scott plays the guitar.


Hanging out playing games and watching videos after Rooke was in bed.

Tana, Scott, and Ryan's birthdays are all in the first part of October, so Saturday was "Birthday Day". We braved the chilly weather and headed to a nearby park for a picnic lunch.

Books from the parents for their birthdays.

Since Saturday was officially Tana's birthday, she got the first piece of cake. Nice choice!

1 comment:

Dara Steward said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. And I have a confession... just a week or so after our first son Evan was born, I was reading your blog. I was struggling just to figure things out and get around with him, and I saw your blog and how you were smiling and up and around with him just days and weeks after he was born. I thought, you know if Angela can do it, so can I. So we started getting out and going for walks. It was so good for us! So thank you for blogging and for being such an encouragement to all new moms who read.

Evan is now 6 months old and we continue to not let anything get in our way of being out and about!