Sunday, July 12, 2009

18 months and counting

Rooke turned 18 months today! We officially have a one-and-a-half-year-old son. Wow. Has it really been that long already?! We are CRAZY about this little guy and had a great time celebrating his "half-birthday" today.


We started the morning off with pancakes and berries we bought at the Farmer's Market yesterday. What a treat!


A little morning reading . . .


After naps (meaning we all took one!), we headed to Rainier's first birthday party and had fun hanging out with friends (young and old). Seeing as how it wasn't Rooke's first birthday, I didn't see the need to let him eat the cake himself. He enjoyed it nonetheless!

"Do I have anything on my face?"

After the party, we headed to the Chinatown Summer Festival. We went last year and have decided it will be an annual family event as long as we live in Seattle. This is just one of the many sights that immediately took us back to life in China. Who else knows how to craft carrots and peppers into palm trees?!

I LOVE bubble tea, and even though I almost can't stand to pay $3 for one (that much money would buy me at least 20 at my favorite stand in our China city), I was looking forward to my treat all day!

Watching food being prepared while we waited for our bowl of noodles to share . . .

You would have thought he was Made in China the way he ate those noodles! =)


I like Rooke's man-dress better than mine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,that is really so Chinese.I love the pic which you two wear chinese tradition clothes. I know the original bubble tea recipe.It is made of black tea,milk and sugar.When the black tea has has finished infusing,you can ended the hot milk and sugar.Maybe you can try it.May

Becki Kuhl said...

I didn't realize Rooke was 18 months...he is so SMART for a little 18 month old! Brice is 21 months and doesn't talk nearly as well! Y'all must have some smart genes! :) Miss you!

The Adventures Ashley said...

hey guys! i have missed you...it is good to see your blog. rooke is growing up so fast! hey, on wednesday will you be home? we're driving to my folks place...maybe we could do lunch? i'll call you

Kelly said...

I LOVE the picture of Ryan and Rooke reading together... precious! (Made even better by the fact that Ryan's wearing an Oregon Ducks shirt...) And glad to see you can drink bubble tea, Angela -- hope that means you have no morning sickness. Pretty soon we're going to start demanding more than head shots so we can see your growing baby bump! :-) Happy half-birthday, Rooke. Sending you hugs long distance.

on the eastern journey said...

Yeah for Rooke eating long life noodles on his half birthday! Wish I could send you some bubble tea!