Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Boy Can Eat!

Rooke loves to eat. That's all there is to it! Tonight we had turkey meatloaf for dinner. He had finished what was on his plate and said, "More meatloafer, please!" Crack me up!

This first video is from Texas: enjoying watermelon and Nana's patio - a perfect combination!




And this video is a special shout-out to Big Daddy. My dad makes killer enchiladas. I've never known anyone who didn't love them! We documented Rooke's first time experiencing this family-famous-food.



And finally, having nothing to do with my son's ability to chow down, I wanted to share some pictures from a recent baby shower! My friend, Sarah, (who is now my neighbor!) and I are both having girls about two months apart. Another friend in our community group hosted a shower/tea for the ladies in the group to honor both of us. Her efforts were an incredible display of creativity, thoughtfulness, and fun. Thank you, Lauren!
This was at the front door as you walked in . . .


Have you ever seen a table for tea set so beautifully?!


Most of the girls from our group . . . I had a fantastic time spending the afternoon with them!

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Meatloafer... Love it! I hope you're writing these things down. I love how he's using a big people fork for his food. BIG boy!

Kelly said...

This child never ceases to amaze me! I can't believe he's eating with a fork like an old pro, and saying big words so clearly. He's precious.

on the eastern journey said...

I love Rooke love for food. He is ALL boy! What a beautiful shower! Hope you are feeling good. You look beautiful!

Andy and Kaye said...

That's what I'm talking about!!! Way to go R O K E Rooke. Big Daddy is sooo proud of you. Yum Yum!

Andy and Kaye said...

THanks for the enchilda video. Great to see you starting our grandson off on good solid Martin food, with onions even! Too cute.
KayeK

chellag said...

Rooke...you are such a talker! I love how you are putting words together to make sentences! Hooray! Not to mention that you are cute as a button!

Go Rooke!

Your friend, Chella