Sunday, May 1, 2011

Saturday

Saturday was spent together.  The four of us.  All day.  Exploring, eating, playing, walking, sleeping, smiling together.  It was perfect.

We started our day at a local farm, where we enjoyed checking out lots of different animals, treating ourselves to a second breakfast of cake, and buying some fresh sausages that were delicious for dinner.  The farm had a great play space for kids and since we were one of the first families to arrive, Rooke and Gretchen had their pick of tractors!  
On your mark, get set, go . . .



After naps, we headed out for a walk through the public footpaths behind our neighborhood.

The trail led us through a field of rapeseed plants



Rooke came up to me and said, "Mommy, you take a picture and I'll be the guy who jumps up and down behind you!".  Ryan and I were cracking up as I squatted to take the picture, realizing that Rooke was referring to the people who always have to help us get a good family shot by jumping up and down to get the kids' attention.  And he did, indeed, jump and down to get Ryan to smile!


Public footpaths often cross through private property.  The cows and this horse didn't seem to mind us trekking through their field.

Rooke asked for a closer view of the machinery.

6 comments:

Auburn said...

I love all of these pics, and Ang you are looking super hot. Those jeans are smokin' :) Miss you!

Andy and Kaye said...

Love the color of the rapeseed plants with the kids ginger hair. Beautiful shots. Glad you got to be in one Angela.
Mom

Grammy Deb said...

Beautiful pictures of a lovely family outing. It so nice to see pictures of father and son---loved the big smile on Ryan's face thanks to Rooke jumping up and down. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the public footpaths! They are everywhere...in the country side, through farm fields, through villages, etc. When I lived in Wales I loved exploring new footpaths and finding where they would take me. Love hearing about your time... makes me want to come visit! =)

Michelle said...

"Girls Basketball" is Michelle... sorry I was logged into the basketball account when I posted that lol

Andrew and Tricia said...

I see you, Gretchen, in your pink puffy vest! Lookin good.