Tuesday, October 13, 2009

30 years and counting . . .

Today is Ryan's 30th birthday!!! To honor and celebrate him on this day, I wanted to share how special and unique Ryan is. Here are thirty things that describe Ryan which you may or may not know about him! I could have easily done more. I'm crazy about this man and am blessed beyond any list I could come up with to be his life partner.

Ryan is a(n) . . .

disciple of Jesus Christ . . .

faithful groom . . .
intentional father . . .

expert napper . . .

humble leader for his family . . .

loving son . . .

committed to a life of health and exercise . . .

loyal friend . . .

Thai food eater . . .

admirer of the outdoors . . .

date-night designer . . .

fantasy football player . . .

bus crash survivor . . .

from the beginning, a patient husband (with a wife who thinks she always knows best!) . . .

coffee lover . . .

stud of a son-in-law . . .

good dresser . . . I mean, how handsome does he look in that suit?!

seasoned traveler (in Laos) and lover of all nations . . .

collector of music . . .

master negotiator . . . (bargaining for phones in China)

law student . . .

carrot cake consumer . . .

confident enough to laugh at himself . . .


sports fan . . .

risk taker . . .

book zealot . . .

passionate person (not just about his wife!) . . .

concerned for those without a voice . . .

thinker . . .

super hot guy . . .

I love you, Ryan. Happy Birthday!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy 30th Ryan...great post Ang.

Courtney Connelly said...

Angela,
What a wonderful birthday post about Ryan, so thoughtful. Hope Ryan has had a fabulous birthday today!
Courtney

annaelyse said...

what a fun post ang! happy birthday Ryan!

C.Carlson said...

Possibly one of the cutest things ever Angela. And that "fantasy football player" picture is classic.

(Brooke if you're reading this, don't worry, by the time I turn 30 you can do this for me and it will feel like a new idea ;)

Kelly said...

What a great tribute, Angela, and how typically you to create such a thoughtful masterpiece.
Happy big 3-0, Ryan. I'm so grateful that you provide Angela with so many things to appreciate about you. You're a keeper!

ben.cuentas said...

i guess youre right angela...I think I love that guy too..
ps. he is also a super encourgaing guy to random yahoos in east asia.
ryan remember when you answered the door...na...nevermind happy bday brother!

Andy and Kaye said...

I knew I loved that guy. You just gave me 30 more reasons why.
Mom

Kay Altic said...

That is the coolest birthday blessing...you are an amazing wife...

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!!!

The Greens

chella said...

You two are blessed. I'm a bit behind on my blog viewing....but so glad I got to read your tribute to your husband, Angela. You have so much joy ahead!