Monday, December 28, 2009

Our Kids

Rooke is so sweet with Gretchen. His positive attitude towards her has been an answer to prayer. He loves giving her kisses and gently patting her head. When she cries he'll stop whatever he's doing to look at her and say, "Oh, Gretchen, it's ok."



Rooke got an extra gift on Christmas day. Just before we began opening presents, our coffee table broke his fall and this lovely bruise showed up the next morning. The Curious George books from Steve and Vallerie made him feel better - thanks!

I can't say it enough: I love this break from school and having Ryan at home. Gretchen obviously feels the same way.

4 comments:

on the eastern journey said...

I'm so glad Rooke is doing so well with Gretchen. I'm hoping Schafer will have a good adjustment to his little sister. Hope Rooke's owie is feeling better soon.

Kendra said...

She is so sweet - Congratulations!! We love you guys!

The Massons said...

congratulations on a little girl! we are so happy for your parents as I know they love all these babies. :) we really liked the transition from a family of 3, to a family of 4. haveing 2 kids just makes us feel like a "real" family. and having a boy and a girl sure is fun!!! conrats!

Andrew and Tricia said...

the bottom one of ryan looking at gretchen is the one where she looks like myla!