Thursday, January 7, 2010

Grammy Deb and her grandkids. Deborah was here until last Sunday, when reality hit me that I have to empty the dishwasher and fold clothes again.


Noticing that Rooke's not-so-great-attitude was probably from boredom and being stuck inside all morning, we made a Thomas the Train coloring book together. He has plenty of pages to color, and when he gets bored with that, he can read about Trademark law on paper we reused after Ryan had recycled it.

After putting his mark on all the pages, we moved on to glue and expired coupons. Look at all that money I could have saved!


She's still so tiny! Although we had her two-week check-up yesterday and were pleased that she's made it back to birth weight.

I love her hands. I think they are the most feminine thing about her right now.



Conversations with Rooke are a constant source of entertainment in our home. Before you get confused and/or grossed out, I'll share the conversation that goes with this next picture:

Me: Rooke, will you please go throw this diaper away?
Rooke: Throw it away in the trash?
Me: Yes. Please go put this diaper in the trash can.
After Rooke returns to the living room - Me: Did you put the diaper in the trash can?
Rooke: I put the diaper in the pee pees!

And sure enough, he had.
Another funny Rooke comment, made at a kid's consignment store last week. We were walking through the store and Rooke spotted an old-timey car you can ride/drive. He pointed to the car and said, "Ooooo . . . that looks like a good idea!". He cracks me up!

3 comments:

on the eastern journey said...

Is Gretchen's hair a little red like Rooke's?

Love Rooke's recycled coloring book!

I think it's very logical to throw the diaper in the potty. Sounds like Rooke is almost ready for potty training (if you haven't already started).

Andy and Kaye said...

Love your cheap, frugal, creative ways to have fun with Rooke. Way to go Angela. Really like the picture of the 3 of you on the sofa. You look so relaxed and natural handling 2 little ones. So proud of you.
Mom

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday to Rooke!!! He's packed a lot of fun and learning into the last two years... and the adventure has just begun! :-)
Big hugs from Oregon, Kelly