Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Growing Up - Gretchen's Got Skills

At 5 1/2 months, the littlest member of our bunch of Paynes has done quite a bit of growing up in the past week. For starters, she is getting her first teeth! Her two bottom teeth have almost completely poked through! Also . . .

She's mastered the art of sitting on her own!

Shhhh . . . don't tell Rooke I let her play with his cars and trucks!


She tested out a sippy cup for the first time . . . and LOVED it! Loved gnawing on it, that is.



The picture above reminded me of this one taken when we gave Rooke a sippy cup for the first time at the same age.

As if that wasn't enough, she got her first taste of infant cereal!

She did pretty good with the spoon . . .

and wanted more . . .

and more . . .


"Don't even think about taking this away from me, Woman."

All that growing up wore her out and she took one of the best naps of her life (literally!) while a babysitter was here for Ryan and I to enjoy a breakfast date. I love our little Gretchen.

5 comments:

The Heaviland Family said...

I'm noticing some Ashley Ann angles going on...love those shots!

Kendra said...

Sho nuff, the little sister's got skills! I can't believe she's sitting up already - your kids are so advanced :) Hannah Lily is 13+ months and still not walking...don't worry though, I'm soaking up my last days of freedom from a toddling toddler...

Anonymous said...

Gretchen is going to be a big girl! she is cute,strong and brilliant,just like his brother!
May

Auburn said...

Sitting up, sippy cups, eating?! Can't they stay babies forever?

Jaime said...

Gretchen you are too cute!!