Friday, May 20, 2011

Random


I love playing games and I especially love playing Candyland with Rooke.  Even more so when Gretchen is contained!  He does pretty good with the rules, but doesn't like going backwards if he gets a "special card" that we've already passed.  I told him when he turns four he has to start going backwards, but for now I just love getting to play with him, using whatever rules he feels like following on that particular day! =)



After seeing a picture of Gretchen, a friend recently asked if she was "full of life".  YES!  She is full of life and joy and so much fun to have around!  On this particular day, the kids and I were ready to head out to an outdoor animal shelter.  But when we opened the door it was raining hard enough to keep us home.  Gretchen, however, thought the rain was great and decided she'd play in it for a while.  What are wellies and a rain jacket for anyway?!



You know the part in the credits after shows where they list who provides the wardrobe?  We would like to thank the following for supplying Rooke's wardrobe since birth:
Grammy Deb
KayeK
Elijah (and personal assistant, Sarah/Mom)

This t-shirt was part of a recent package Rooke received from our Seattle neighbor and big buddy, Elijah.  The fire truck shirt was immediately plucked out and worn for the rest of the day.  Thanks for keeping us in the hand-me-down loop, Hurts!

Gretchen wanted in on the action

Oh, the captions we could write to go with this picture . . .

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think she is saying
"I pity the fool!"
or perhaps
"Go ahead. Make my day"
or maybe
"Gee, I thought I smelled something PHUNKYYYY"

Think of you all A BUNCH (teehee)

Grammy Deb said...

I wish I could play Candyland with Rooke. I laughed at the break you gave him until he's 4. I'm becoming an admirer of Gretchen's fashion sense. Her playng-in-the-rain outfit is so cute!