Bridgette's middle name is Kara (pronounced like Sarah, but with a "K"). We chose this name primarily for two reasons. First, Kara is my sister's middle name. Aubyn is a woman I aspire to be like in many ways. And I'm blessed to not only call her my sister, but my dear friend. I'm hopeful that Bridgette and Gretchen will have as meaningful a sister relationship as I've shared with Aubyn. And as I have, I hope Bridgette will also find encouragement to be more kind, gentle, loving, approachable, and genuine from knowing her Aunty Auby. They have yet to meet, but distance hasn't kept Aubyn's influence from our family and I look forward to the day when Bridgette is old enough to understand the significance of sharing a name with Aubyn Kara.
The second reason for Kara is the meaning: joy. While pregnant with Bridgette, I read a book that challenged me to deepen the practice of giving thanks in all circumstances. I was moved by the idea that where thanksgiving is possible, joy is possible. Little Bridgette Kara is a reminder to me that thanksgiving is always possible! And we have much to be thankful for.
4 comments:
I am completely honored!
Beautiful picture of you and your sister! Bridgette Kara's name is perfect.:)
What is the name of the book?
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
Post a Comment