Monday, August 20, 2012

Backyard Camping

Some of my fondest childhood memories are from our family camping trips.  I want to pass that on to my kids.  So we went camping with Rooke when he was seven months old.  And then with Gretchen when she was five months.  Without our camping buddies, the McTaggarts, close by, and remembering clearly what it's like camping with an infant, I suggested that our family camping trip this year go no further than our backyard.  It was the perfect way to "camp" with our kids at their ages right now, and so much fun!  I think we'll make backyard camping just as much a tradition as real camping for years to come.  





When Daddy came home, we lit the fire and the camping really started!  Hot dogs and s'mores for dinner! 


Everyone had their own spot to enjoy the fire


I am richly blessed by my family.  Especially that handsome man in the middle.

More s'mores, please!

Good morning! 

5 comments:

Andy and Kaye said...

Wonderful memories! Love Bridgette in her bimbo and Rookes expression as you prepare to hand him his S'more! Too fun. I think we need to join you next time.

Jessica said...

Awesome! Bridgette in that Bumbo picture is too much. I need to cuddle that baby!

Aubyn McT said...

This looks so fun!
We might have to join in on this tradition.

Grammy Deb said...

That's my kind of camping---looks like you had a lot of fun. My favorite pic is the one of Daddy Ryan---he looks so happy and all 3 of the kids have such cute expressions on their faces.

Auburn said...

Beautiful pictures! You are blessed indeed!