Monday, October 22, 2012

Our Library Bag

Many of these titles are ones that friends have suggested.  Keep the recommendations coming!

Badger's New House by Robin Muller

The World Champion of Staying Awake by Sean Taylor

Finklehopper Frog by Irene Livingston

Galimoto by Karen Lynn Williams

A Mango in the Hand by Antonio Sacre

Mitchell's License by Hallie Durand


The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary
We started with this one and Rooke enjoyed it so much, we've since read all three in the little series!


Zoomer by Ned Young


Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey


This is a CD that is so much fun!  The kids and I have had many a dance party with these creative and silly songs.  Our favorites are We Are the Dinosaurs, I'm Gonna Catch You and Victor Vito.


7 comments:

Leslie said...

We love everything by Robert McCloskey! My mom is from Maine, so his books are extra special to our family. They are all so beautifully illustrated and sweetly written, and I'm always amazed that Riggins loves them so much considering they have tons of words and black and white illustrations!

Joseph P. said...

Ange, I love children's books. My favorite of all time is The Little Prince by French author Saint-Exupery. I saw an excellent stage play of it here in Tulsa some 5 years ago. Please do read this to the kids if you haven't already

Andrew and Tricia said...

Have you read the tiny chapter books in the "My Father's Dragon" series? By Ruth Stiles Gannett. Myla liked them - they were her first chapter books! (We've only read the first 2, there are 3 I think.)
So glad you got "World Champion," Myla can recite the whole thing for memory (complete with my voice inflections... I think I've renewed it from the library 6 times now... I have a problem).
We love "Gruffalo" which you recommended and checked out the movie from the library which is super-cute! I should get the other Gruffalo books, too. Love reading "with" you.

Andrew and Tricia said...

I forgot, we love this one too, "Ellen's Apple Tree" http://www.amazon.com/Ellens-Apple-Tree-Catarina-Kruusval/dp/9129669057

The Adventures Ashley said...

We love anything by Robert Munsch! I'm sure you know him because of the Canada connection. I also really like Giraffe's Can't Dance (http://www.scholastic.ca/titles/giraffescantdance)
and PerfectMan (http://www.bookcentre.ca/system/files/images/PerfectMan.jpg)
If I think of anymore that are really awesome, I'll add them.
Also wanted to let you know that your family is so beautiful! I don't always comment, but I do look in on you guys! :)

Auburn said...

Because I love me a good recommendation, and because you asked: We've been enjoying If I Built a Car and also Jude loves Cookies: Bite-sized Life Lessons. (you have to bake some cookies to go along with the lessons and the reading) :) Enjoy!

Auburn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.