Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Week That Was

Last week is a week I hope to never repeat.  
Beginning on Tuesday, the health of my family took a quick nose-dive.  
I'm thankful that we are on the mend now, but it's a steep climb back out of the pit. 
In one week our family experienced:
three cases of strep throat, 
one chest infection that was close to becoming pneumonia, 
a broken finger that ended up needing surgery, 
our first standard case of croup,
and another case of croup that put us in the hospital overnight twice
And it is only by the grace of God that I felt nothing but healthy and tired through it all.  How I came out of the week unscathed is unexplainable except that God protected me so we didn't completely crash.


Croup is scary.  Hearing your daughter struggle to breathe and seeing her in distress is horrible.  I'm so thankful for the good medical care we received for this little one who is finally starting to show her true colors again.
 Playing flag football is fun (especially if you were on team Butta!).
Grabbing the flag and making the play of the game is awesome.
Tearing a tendon in your finger and needing surgery a week later is awful.
Having your right hand in a splint for six weeks is debilitating.
Laughing with my husband as if we were on a date instead of in a recovery room at the end of a crazy week will be a memory I never forget.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

You are a strong woman, Angela!!

Leslie said...

Oh man! Bummers all around! Prayers for quick recoveries and praise for your sustained health through it all! I will say that the most miserable I have felt in recent memory was when I had strep throat a year ago. It was brutal. I had an extra dose of compassion for Riggs a few weeks ago when he had it because I so vividly remembered the misery!