Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend

We had a wonderful Easter weekend.  Christ is risen!

The kids and I made crowns to remind us that Jesus was God's chosen King.  The activity was a spillover from breakfast.  I love those mornings when everyone is still in pajamas at ten and happy to be together!


This kid makes me smile.  The inside of his crown said "To Jesus Love Rooke".


Dying eggs.  It's a fast and furious activity in our home.
The kids will sometimes eat a hard-boiled egg, but love eating the ones that they've colored themselves!

We enjoyed a leisurely walk on Saturday.

After church, we headed down to my parents'.  Mom single-handedly made a deeelicious lunch for all of us.  It had been a long time since I'd just sat down to a super yummy home-cooked meal that I  didn't contribute to in any way!  The day brought lots of rain, so we hid eggs for the kids indoors.  Bridgette really got into it!



Rooke said his favorite part of the weekend was playing legos with Daddy.  Kaye K and Gretchen built the bridge/island while Ryan and Rooke made a detailed garage for his new police truck.  Meanwhile, Bridgette and I beat Big Daddy at Ticket to Ride! =)


Napping Beauty after a full weekend of fun.



No comments: