We took a little road trip to visit Ryan's grandparents while we are still in this part of the country. Rooke was the only one of our children who'd had met his great grandparents, and this was the first time we'd been to their home of 50 years as a family. It was a wonderful visit and I am grateful for the new memories that were formed in such a short time.
When we've Skyped in the past, Great Grandmother and Rooke always connected over cars. She has quite the collection!
I was honored to make pancakes for breakfast in Peggy Payne's kitchen. The first time I made pancakes for Ryan and I after we were married, Ryan graciously encouraged me to learn how to make them like his grandmother used to make them! The butter crust around the edge is the key.
Isaac Bonaparte Payne with his great grandson, Rooke Isaac.
Gretchen was showing off her ipad doll-dressing skills.
She let Great Grandmother take a turn!
The Paynes have a humongous fig tree in their backyard. The figs are just starting to ripen, so the kids each took turns picking figs with Great Grandaddy. I didn't get any photos of Rooke picking because he and Great Grandaddy were out together at 6:30am!
We had a delicious fried chicken dinner shared with extended family and friends. Great Grandmother's niece, Laura, joined us. It was wonderful to meet her after knowing she's been following us on this blog for several years!
Ryan's cousin, Bryan, made a stop on his route one morning. The kids were super impressed and walked away with police badge stickers!
Thank you, Peggy and IB, for hosting us and loving on your great grandkids so well. We are grateful for the time we spent together.








2 comments:
Looks lovely! Soooo jealous of those figs!
I love these dear great grandparent memories. Thank you for driving, taking the time, investing and sharing with family. Your kids are the richer for that time.
KayeK
Post a Comment