Sunday, October 12, 2014

First Season of Soccer

Rooke played on a soccer team for the first time this season.  He started off not enjoying the practices that much, but after the team's first game, he was sold!  It was a complete transformation and he came home LOVING the game!  I think it might have had something to do with him scoring a goal =)  




Rooke was the player on the team, but the games were a family affair.  Gretchen told me she can't wait until next year when she is old enough to play.  Some nights the weather was nice enough to run around in short sleeves.  Other evenings, we were completely bundled up, cheering with gloves on, looking forward to our warm house waiting for us.










Rooke's coach volunteered his time and was patient and gentle, two extraordinary qualities for a young man to have when dealing with five and six-year-olds!  
It was a great season for Team Avengers!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Phoebe and I love the pictures! I just asked her if she had a comment for her cousins. She said, "I want to ask them if they want to come play with me?" Miss you guys!