Thursday, April 30, 2015

Practicing the Discipline of Gratitude {April}

During the month of April, I was grateful for:

1.  second chances

2.  Jesus IS King!

3.  he's all boy


4.  free fun with help from a friend

6.  listening to them enjoy our family photo books together

7.  I resisted the urge to pack up the snow boots

9.  The way she delights in making a card when I let her use my "Mommy pens"  

10.  I had some time by myself, but maybe even better was the time my girls got to spend with dear Mrs. Cameron.

11.  sunshine and silly boys

12.  garage sales (this had been on my wish list for a long time!)

13.  the way she slowed down my to-dos with a request to "listen to Jesus music and do a project"

14.  getting to go to her gymnastics class, just the two of us

15.  the people who lived in this house last year planted something that is sprouting again!

16.  hearing them giggle as we soaked in some fresh morning air

17.  mornings when I get to go to "stroller fit" (strollers not required!).  I get a great workout, and my girls can either hang out and play with the other kids, or do burpees with me.

18.  weather that demands eating lunch outside
19.  time to build legos with my boy

20.  hand-me-downs from a thoughtful neighbor

21.  she still fits into the baby swing



22.  three successful dental appointments for three cooperative and happy patients.  

23.  the quietness of a short drive by myself.  It doesn't happen often, and sometimes I'm tempted to turn on the radio, but most of the time I choose the silence.

24.  my dear Jessie arrived with her precious Paige in tow to love on me and my kids!
25.  sharing one of my favorite joys with my kids

26.  almost losing my voice from the amount of talking Jessie and I were doing

27.  a drab and rainy morning turned into a warm and sunny evening, just right for watermelon!

28.  the opportunity for my baby girl to feel like the big girl

29.  no more payments on our van . . .  the title is in my hands!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

High on my gratitude list would be getting to keep up with your beautiful family, thanks to your thoughtful, funny, and poignant posts. You are awesome.

Andy and Kaye said...

Blessed by your grateful heart. I am grateful for YOU today!
Mom