Thursday, July 2, 2015

Practicing the Discipline of Gratitude {June}

In June, I was thankful for:


1.  some days I take courage in knowing this age won't last forever.  But on this day, I was thankful that she is still very good at being three!

2.  selfies from my husband =)


3.  we made it to the last day of school! 


4.  I had experienced travel buddies for our most recent trip

5.  finding the shady spots 


6.  a snow cone date with my big girl! 

7.  the way Uncle Sean patiently and lovingly interacts with my kids 

8.  watching cousins become friends 


9.  an unusual moment by myself warranted a special drink, only to pull up and hear that it had already been paid for! 

10.  success with his first time fishing! 

11.  making memories with Aunt Sara 

12.  Aunt Jessica's professional reading skills . . . which would keep any kid captive


13.  a simply game of catch 


14.  a quiet afternoon tea 


15.  a fresh stack of library books 

16.  the way a slow after-dinner walk can become an adventure with these three 

17.  I don't choose to join in as often as I should.  I never regret it when I do. 

18.  watching my son patiently and gently love his cousin


19.  sisters happily playing together 

20.  healthy and strength for a morning nature walk 

21.  enjoying beautiful gardens on a warm day


22.  Uncle Sean is such a good sport! 

23.  the way she freely and confidently san about her dream to be a bride 

24.  the love of family

25.  we never question if we'll have food for our next meal, and have the means to quickly replenish empty refrigerator shelves 

26.  reunited with last summer's love - the base pool! 

27.  getting to join in on a girls' night with plenty of laughter to celebrate a friend's birthday


28.  my man loves a good adventure 

29.  the library had the next book in one of his favorite series (Recipe for Adventure).  "Just come get me when lunch is ready, please". =)   

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love this gratitude series you're doing. It's so precious when you stop to appreciate and acknowledge the simple things that might go by unnoticed. It's such a privilege watching you parent these blessed kids! I'm looking forward to lots more pictures with your new house guests (two of my favorite people in the world).