I haven't done great at regularly documenting our homeschool projects and learning, but thought I'd share just a few of the photos I do have from what we've been up to the past couple of months. I am beyond grateful for the time I get to spend with my three kids and the opportunity we have to homeschool together this year. It has been a great experience for us so far!
As long as the weather permits us to be outside, we are out for a walk every day!
Working on a mosaic project while learning about Ancient Greece. Rooke is not usually an "art project" kind of guy, but really enjoyed this activity and a lot of thought into how to create a mosaic that resembled our fish, Red. =)
We are grateful for the art museum in town which offers free art classes for homeschoolers once a month. This month was our favorite project yet: printmaking!
P.E.!
Learning how to count and write numbers 1 through 10 in Chinese during our weeks of learning about Ancient China.
The curriculum I'm using this year only planned for one week on Ancient China. I had too many ideas to only spend one week, so we stretched it out to almost three weeks and ended around the Chinese New Year. We made a Chinese meal to celebrate, complete with homemade dumplings!
Rooke working on his Trojan Horse during our weeks of learning about Ancient Greece. He worked to make a trap door in the bottom of the horse, but was disappointed that his lego men wouldn't fit easily. So he disappeared to his room and emerged later with a fantastic Trojan Horse built with legos, complete with functioning trap door!
Our 100th Day of School Party was one of my favorite days! We filled the day with all sorts of activities related to the number 100, including creating monsters with 10 sets of 10 different body parts!
10 sets of 10 different snacks
Building with a pile of 100 legos
It's not always smiles and giggles, but we are having fun learning together!





2 comments:
Angela, you are amazing!!
I love this! :)
Post a Comment