We took advantage of Ryan not working on Monday (thank you, Columbus!) and headed over to Great Falls National Park. Ryan and I both were needing time to just be outside. We wanted some time as a family to explore and enjoy creation. The fall weather has been beautiful, and our time at the park on Monday turned out great for everyone.
Marks from where the Potomac flooded over the years!
He loves to scramble over the rocks
Gretchen worked diligently to earn her Junior Ranger badge
At the end of our hike, we came to a hollow stump that needed to be climbed!
The kids took some photos while standing inside the stump!
Looking up . . .







2 comments:
Wow, I never knew it was so beautiful there. I'm having fun exploring the DC area vicariously through you, so thank you for sharing.
And happy, happy birthday to Ryan.
Looks like you guys had at lot of fun! Love all the pics around the old tree stump . . . xoxo
Post a Comment