This is our third year to homeschool, and my first year to officially teach all three kids with Rooke in fourth grade, Gretchen in second, and Bridgette jumping in to kindergarten. My days are full, and I am grateful for the support and encouragement from the community we are a part of here.
We do a lot of piano practicing! My favorite is when they play together on their own =)
Every now and then we find ways to all work together, in the same room, at the same table, without bothering one another! Snacks help =)
We do a LOT of reading . . .
Sometimes we take our work to the park . . .
And we love field trips!! What a treat to learn about the Declaration of Independence, and then put our eyes on the actual document! Ryan was able to join us for this particular field trip, which always makes our time more fun =)
Our most recent field trip was with friends to Historic St. Mary's: Maryland's first capital and the fourth permanent English settlement in North America.
An afternoon tea party while learning about the Boston Tea Party
Abstract art with Daddy
Gretchen played soccer this Fall and Aunt Vallerie got to join us for a couple of the games!
Costco lunch is always a good way to break up the day
Afternoon imaginary play with special friends
We work through plenty of conflict every day, but I love seeing their friendships grow




















3 comments:
Loved this post. The kids look like they're doing great. I'm just imagining how exciting and interesting it is to study about something in U.S. History and, then, go SEE it!! I can't say it enough . . . their lives are so enriched. Thank you to their wonderful mom and teacher. Love all of you . . . LOTS. xoxo
Angela, you are amazing! I can't imagine homeschooling 3 different grades, but you are rocking it. And to be able to live in a place so rich with culture makes everything come to life for them, I'm sure. The kids are precious and major props to Rooke for practicing piano wearing a Sooners helmet. I mean... that's normal, right??
Wow! Living history field trips in DC with an amazing teacher/mom/superwoman! Amazing memories for those kids. You were living on Edney in the slums at this age!😜❤️ You turned out great in spite of! Mom
Post a Comment