Sunday, February 21, 2010

348 and 2 month celebrations

Gretchen and I celebrated our 2 month and 348 month birthdays this week, respectively. I turned 29 on Friday and we'll have known Gretchen for a whole two months as of tomorrow! Wow. It seems like I've known her forever.




She still has pretty bad acid reflux and we both still change clothes at least two times a day (and that's after dirtying at least 4 burp cloths), but I wouldn't trade having her for these past two months for anything! I like it that my daughter and I both have dimples:

Several of you have asked about Gretchen's hair. She's rockin' the old man mullet right now. What little hair she has on top is pretty blonde, but you can be the judge on what color this patch is in the back. I'm pretty sure we'll have at least two red-heads. So weird, but I love it.

She is quick to smile, especially for her daddy.

Speaking of the Baby Daddy, he made me feel so special for my birthday! One of the best parts of the whole day was when Ryan walked in the house, three hours earlier than expected, with this box:

We waited for Rooke to wake up from his nap and then all enjoyed birthday cupcakes together.


"Ok, enough pictures. I want to eat that."



Ryan hung out ALL AFTERNOON, which is a gift all by itself. At one point, he and Rooke went to "take out the recycling", but came back a few moments later and Ryan said, "He Ang, look what I found outside." I walked to the top of the stairs to see him holding Evelynn, my niece, who lives in Canada! It took me a few seconds, but when I realized what was going on, I literally screamed with excitement! The McTaggarts had driven down to surprise me!

Thank you to Chris & Brooke for watching all three of the kids while the four of us enjoyed a delicious dinner at The Cactus. And thank you, sweet Husband, for making my birthday special and full of surprises!

7 comments:

Aubyn McT said...

what what!

on the eastern journey said...

Happy Birthday!
Yeah for dimples!
Yeah for red hair!
Exactly what kind of cupcakes were those? YUM!

annaelyse said...

i love the simple yet beautiful ways you guys celebrate birthdays!!
happy b-day ang. :O) red heads are the best!

Auburn said...

Happy belated Birthday Ang!!
...I totally understand the excitement of having your baby daddy come home 3 hours earlier than expected!! :) We have to talk soon!
~Auburn

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!May

chella said...

Way to go Ryan! What a great birthday for you, Angela. And yes, I think you have another red head on your hands. Gretchen's hair looks like Hollis' did at that age.

Love the dimples too. Like Mama like daughter....weird saying yes?

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Hiya, Angela! I was just stalking your blog, and I laughed when I saw your birthday pictures because I think I know each of those cupcakes by name: Red Velvet, Peppermint Party, Salted Caramel, and Carrot Cake.

I love me some Cupcake Royale...