Rooke decided that Gretchen needed ALL the toys to play with. He literally piled every toy in the living room in front of her.
Maybe it was so he could climb into the toy box.
On a separate occasion, he thought she would enjoy all of his cars and trucks for dessert.
He's not always so thoughtful towards his sister, but these pictures help me remember that even on days like today - one of those days - Rooke can be sweet. On Sunday, I picked up Gretchen from the nursery before getting Rooke and learned how sweet he really is. The baby and toddler rooms are connected by a single door. At one point, Gretchen was crying. Hearing her, Rooke walked into the baby room and announced, "I need to give Gretchen a kiss." Upon seeing him, she immediately stopped crying and smiled at his kiss, only to resume her screaming when he walked away. He did this two more times, trying to help her calm down, which she eventually did. I'm grateful for my little man who is learning how to love his sister well.
4 comments:
love this post!! thanks for sharing!!
Hi Angela,
I always love checking in to see how you and the family are doing. Gretchen is growing so fast and I haven't even met her in person yet! I may get a chance though. Ashlyn is moving to Seattle in a couple weeks. I'll send you her email and phone #. I'd love for her to get to meet those cute kiddos!
Hugs,
Chella
ok, it is time for you to come home. We miss you!
I loved reading about the random acts of kindness Rooke did for Gretchen.
His comforting her in the church nursery was so sweet. You and Ryan's influence is paying off. :)
And that first pic of Gretchen. . .
she looks so much like Rooke at that age. She is sooo precious. I'm so happy I will see her tomorrow!
Grammy Deb
Post a Comment