Lately I have loved watching a friendship grow between Rooke and Gretchen. I've been praying for their relationship for quite some time and it thrills me to see some of those prayers answered in recent interactions. Rooke is still too rough sometimes and Gretchen still instigates trouble by taking toys she knows he wants, but they are having more fun together. They are enjoying each other.
Gretchen adores her big brother. She would rather be doing what he's doing, sitting where he's sitting, and eating what he's eating than anything else. He's started to notice the admiration, which is helping him be more patient and gentle.
Rooke is becoming quite the helper. He helps her eat, holds her hand while walking, helps her find Bunny, helps her read books . . . he loves singing "Jesus Loves Me" to her before sleeping and is demonstrating a new sensitivity towards her that I don't see him show to anyone else.
I love my kids

1 comment:
I enjoyed so much your maternal observations of Rooke and Gretchen's relationship. It means a lot for them to be close and for Rooke to be so helpful.
Post a Comment