Our little man is giving us a run for our money these days. It's the kind of run that puts the parenting books back on the night stand. He has a lot on his mind. Always. And even on the most frustrating of days, I find myself cracking up at the glimpses I get into his train of thought . . .
Speculating on the future and preparing to be a dad (a hot topic these days):
"Lots of daddies work and make money. When I'm a daddy, I'll make lots of money and then I can have my own dessert at a restaurant."
"One day I'll be a daddy and Gretchen will be a mommy and we won't play much. We'll just talk a lot."
Getting rid of a fly:
"Let's dead 'em. Let's beat him dead."
Scolding Daddy:
"I don't like your jokes. I don't want to say that too many times."
Taking charge:
"Daddy's the king and Mommy's the queen. Gretchen can be the princess, but I don't want to be the prince. I want to be the judge."
Recognizing the Creator:
"My [pajama] pants are too long, but that's okay. That's how God made them."
Taking charge:
"Daddy's the king and Mommy's the queen. Gretchen can be the princess, but I don't want to be the prince. I want to be the judge."
Recognizing the Creator:
"My [pajama] pants are too long, but that's okay. That's how God made them."

1 comment:
"I don't want to be prince, I want to be judge." I did actually laugh out loud when I read that.
Post a Comment