Our little girl turned TWO yesterday! We had a great time celebrating Gretchen Ruth and the absolute joy she brings to our family. She is spunky, fun, gives great cuddles, loves babies, and thinks her brother is great. We love her - bring on the twos!
We started with "Minnie Mouse" pancakes and her family presents - a purple car from Rooke and a booster seat that will let her sit at the big table with the family. The high chair can take a break for about a year!
She picked out her whole outfit - accessories included. She's been wearing the "birthday girl" shirt for several months now because I didn't hide it well enough and she likes the polka-dots on the sleeves, but I was glad she wanted to actually wear it on her big day.
"It's my birthday. Don't mess with me."
After a morning walk to enjoy the sun, she got to open presents from KayeK and Big Daddy!
We had a long tea party with her new tea set! Thank you!
Naps are better on birthdays.
After Daddy came home, we opened Grammy Deb and G-Daddy's presents while talking to Grammy Deb on Skype. She was so excited about the Elmo pajamas, she wanted to wear them right away! Thank you!
Dinner included french fries and ketchup - her favorite. Then it was time for cake!
It was a happy day!








7 comments:
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! Loved the ladybug cake!
Enjoyed being part of the celebration. Such fun pics--loved the video . . .
Happy Birthday precious Gretchen! :)
Grammy Deb
She is so very CUTE! I love her in the Elmo pj's! ...I still can't get over how well she talks (compared with Jude)! And your cake is adorable. Miss you guys!
Happy Birthday to this beautiful girl!
May
Happy birthday Gretchen!!!
Evelynn and I wish we could have been there to have a tea party with you!!! And Uncle Scott wishes he could have been there to share your yummy cake!
We love you lots,
The McTs =)
The birthday girl is so precious! And I think I hear a bit of an English accent on the video, especially when Gretchen is preparing tea for you and blue dog. I just LOVE them!
Happpy Birthday late from Uncle Joe. I haven't kept up for the last few days because I have been going from morning 'til night with church and family responsibilities (no complaints!). Wish I could be ther to give Gretch a big hug and give her a big teddy bear!
Love,
Uncle Joe
Post a Comment