I have been trying hard to get our boxes unpacked and our house transformed into a home. If life would just stop for 48 hours, I think I'd have the job done. But reality is that mouths still need to be fed and errands still need to be run and toilets still need to be cleaned . . . and I've was stressing out my family last week while placing unrealistic expectations on myself (and them) to have us moved in pronto. This past weekend I took a deep breath, stepped away from the boxes, and just enjoyed hanging out. These are some of the moments that were a much better use of my time instead of deciding where a picture should be hung:
And just because I think it's fun, click here to see a video of Rooke reading the same book with me four years ago!
2 comments:
Do you remember the cross stitch that used to hang in your bedroom?
"The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep."
You are living out the precious reality of that poem. Love you. Thank you for these videos. What a joy to go back and see Rooke reading ABC.
KayeK
I love Kaye's comment. I remember that poem. These are such cute and funny pics of three precious grandchildren.
There is a special dust bunny forming
because you take the time to keep this wonderful blog. Thank you xoxo
Post a Comment