Friday, March 13, 2009

Friends

Several weeks ago, Rooke and I went to visit our friend, Scott, and his grandparents. Scott's grandparents are visiting from China and I love getting to spend time with them (not to mention that I hope Rooke picks up a little Chinese while we're with them!). It's hard to tell in these pictures, but Scott is almost as big as Rooke at half his age!




Earlier this week we met up with Averie and James and had a great time! I got together with their moms for a little cooking (go here to see what we made), and the kids played, and ate, and played, and ate, and Rooke ate, and ate, and ate . . .


We played the "drape game". James and Averie were pros, but Rooke needed a little coaxing to hide-and-pop-out.

One of their snack breaks . . .

In an effort to win the attention of the only little lady, the boys tried to convince Averie of their manliness:
James: "Watch this, Averie . . . I have perfect aim and can smash and cram the oranges directly into my mouth with accuracy and speed!"
Rooke: "Oh yeah, well check this out - I just put seven orange slices in my mouth all at once!"

No comments: