Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fun Family Weekend

Words can't describe how wonderful it is to spend an entire weekend with Ryan. No studying. No resumes. No spending Saturday at the school library. Just getting to hang out as a family.


We started Saturday with a trip to Ikea. You should have seen my face when Ryan made the suggestion. I love that place! Among a few other things, we came home with a new little train set for Rooke. He loves it!



After a nap, we headed downtown to the Chinese Arts & Culture Festival. It wasn't quite what we were expecting. Let's just say that the highlight of our twenty minutes there was this adult choir singing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from the Lion King. Seriously.

So we headed back outside to play in the water.

This was right before he let go of my hand and slipped. Good thing I had a bag of old onsies in the car for Good Will!

This view is just one of the many reasons I love living in Seattle.


Playing after church on Sunday. I was trying to fix the printer. Rooke was trying to pin-point all my blemishes.

He did a pretty good job.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Just wait until he can verbally ask you exactly what that red thing is on your face...or when you are pregnant and he tells you that your belly is the size of a bus...

On the Eastern Journey said...

Not sure that you knew, but the wooden train pieces all work together: Ikea, Thomas, Brio, etc. If you ever come across any at a second hand store or a garage sell then you can add them to your collection as Rooke grows.

We just bought some "slightly damaged" Thomas & Friends trains locally. I'll blog about it soon. (I'm working on a big photo project that is keeping me from blogging.) Anyway, we were able to get the ones with little nicks in them (miniscule) for about $3 compared to $20 at Target.

katie said...

Dude...I had those train blocks when I was little. The best dang toy ever! (Well, I guess Legos might compete...)

Glad you guys are enjoying the family time! Hey--what's the weather like around there in September? I'm going to take some time off work, and I'm deciding where to go.