I won't post the countdown until Ryan takes the Bar because my husband looks at this blog and I would hate to remind him of exactly how much time he has left for studying. He's working so hard. And there is a countdown. It's in my head. Ryan and I are working overtime in our respective "jobs" and we will all be grateful to see the end of this short-lived season. While we miss being with Daddy, the kids and I have stayed busy . . . playing with James and Averie, swimming (or sitting by the pool) with Audrey, library storytimes and concerts, a special park playdate for Rooke with Erin, and silly stuff at home:
We ate an entire watermelon in two days!
Thanks, Averie, for teaching us your "swimming" game. We love it! Especially the part about needing to to be in your undies/diaper because you can't swim in your clothes! "Jumping into the pool" has actually taught Rooke how to jump and land with two feet - yeah for improved gross motor skills!
She loved the fresh peach slices, and it was a good thing I had her in just a diaper . . . .
. . . that's what was left after I pulled her out - peach juice! (yes, it IS peach juice!)
The kids and I walk to Rite Aid together most Sundays to take advantage of their crazy good deals. Are you ready for this? I made $4.64, after taxes, coupons, and rebates, for buying all of this. That's right . . . I made a PROFIT for purchasing all of these fantastically practical products (Gretchen loves the remote!). It just doesn't get much better than that for this deal-lovin', frugal momma.
Ever the observer.
2 comments:
Did I see Rooke sitting in a booster chair at the table? I really enjoyed Ashley's photos of Rooke and Gretchen. I agree with her that Ryan looks like he is catching Rooke after jumping from the second floor. . .I love those up-in-the-air pics!
Grammy Deb
Are you sure that's peach juice in her bumbo?
Post a Comment