Sunday, July 18, 2010

3rd Annual Chinese Festival

Last Saturday, we kidnapped Ryan from the library and headed to the International District for the Payne's third annual visit to the Chinese Festival. (follow the links for a look back at 2008 & 2009) It's really not that great as far as festivals go, but it reminds us of life in China and so we love it!

One of the churches had a booth set up and were offering face painting. Rooke agreed to have his hand painted and picked a boat.

Ah . . . how I love bubble tea . . .

. . . but this year I got to share and introduce my son to bubble tea goodness.

We opted for Chinese dumplings for dinner. I had been to this little hole-in-the-wall with a friend last month and was excited to go back with the family. Rooke insisted on using chopsticks.

I was proud of his diligent effort.

2 comments:

Grammy Deb said...

I got a big kick out of Rooke's outfit---looks like it's warm enough for him to finally wear summer clothes. The hat was the perfect finishing touch. He looks more like a little boy instead of a toddler(sigh)...and wanting to each with chopsticks...terrific! I can't wait to see him.

Grammy Deb said...

correction. . .and wanting to EAT with chopsticks

Why is it you always find a mistake after something is sent or printed?