Rooke is potty trained!!
It gets better . . .
RYAN potty trained him without any help!!!!!
It gets better . . .
Ryan potty trained Rooke while Gretchen and I were out of town!!!!!!!!!
Back off, ladies. He's mine. Although, now that you mention it - for a minimal fee I'd be willing to hire out my amazing potty-training-husband (solely for potty training purposes, of course). Did I mention he's irresistibly good looking?! Hmmm . . . Back to the good news:
Gretchen and I enjoyed our first (of many) girl's trip last week. Several weeks prior to our trip, Ryan offered to potty train Rooke while we were gone. I was shocked, to say the least, and also a bit amused. Not completely convinced that he was serious, I said, "great!" and moved on. The weekend before we left, he said I needed to give him some tips and pointers about how to potty train.
"Seriously? You're seriously going to potty train him while we're gone?"
"It's time. Just think about the last dirty diaper you changed. We're throwing away his diapers the day after you leave. It has to happen"
So off the girls went for a week of fun while the boys stayed home to bond over bodily functions.
Ryan waited one day so he and Rooke could freely play together and then went all out. They "threw" the diapers away and Rooke learned how to use the potty. He'd never successfully used the toilet up to that point, but that didn't stop Ryan. We're on day 8 of no diapers and he's only had 3 accidents. That's right. I'm bragging about my son's ability to use the toilet, but only because I had NOTHING to do with it. I take that back. I made the "potty chart". Markers and a ruler. That was the extent of my contribution.
Rooke is so proud of himself. And since you've read this far and we've somewhat broken the ice on talking about potty stuff, here are a few funnies from the past week:
Rooke walked in on Ryan going to the bathroom:
"Daddy, what are you doing?"
"Going poo poo in the potty."
"Oh - that's GrrrEAT!!"
"Do you want to help me flush?"
"Sure! Oh, Daddy. I'm so proud of you."
Rooke walked in on me going to the bathroom:
"Mommy, do you have a pee pee?"
"Nope. Boys have pee pees. I'm a girl."
"You're not a girl. You're a mommy!"
A TWO-year-old gets TWO stickers on his SECOND potty chart for going number TWO!! He was pretty excited!
4 comments:
Where was Ryan when I was "training" the girls??
Way to go Ryan and Rooke!
I am laughing my head off reading your post! And WOW! Great job Daddy! I'm so happy that it went so well for you....now, to convince my Ryan to potty train Evan! ;o) We have been successfully using the potty chair, reading the potty book every night, but haven't braved getting rid of the diapers during the day. Once our schedules relax a bit, I'm planning to hit it hard with Evan. Every poopy diaper fans my potty-training flame!
Thank you for sharing your story! Love you.
P.S. Ryan and I shelled a TON of peas tonight. Made me remember our fun night of conversation! Wish you lived a bit closer.
Since Ryan left the nest several years ago, I've had many reasons to be proud of his choices and accomplishments. His commitment to supervise the potty training is up there with his choice to marry Angela and getting his law degree. He IS
Mr. Wonderful! But, we must remember Rooke had a little something to do with this accomplishment, too. ha
Grammy Deb
Way to go Rooke! Good job getting rid of those baby diapers and moving up to your big boy underware! I know you are working hard to keep them clean and dry.
Mommy, Daddy - if he can do it during the day, then he can say goodbye to diapers at night. You might have to sleep in his room on the floor the first night to ensure success, but I know he can do it!
Post a Comment