Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saying Goodbye

I haven't had many goodbyes in life that were easy.  Leaving Seattle was no exception.  Just when I thought I couldn't shed another tear, I had to say goodbye again.  Some of our last days were spent saying goodbye to:

my MOPS table, including mentor mom, Jean, and co-leader, Jessie.  What a blessing this group of women have been to me.

lifelong friends we were able to cross paths with again


special buddies

like-minded, dear families

neighbors who quickly became friends

the Mondays-get-together gang

treasured friends from community group


faithful Sunday School teachers

one last cousin half-way play

we gave lots of hugs


and did lots of playing


and now it's time to sleep and rest for a while.


We're here.  In England.  Our new home.

5 comments:

vanoss said...

Hooray, You made it! A new chapter awaits, and we all look forward to newsy updates from England. ...goodbyes are over and Hellos begin! missing you. love, Jean

Deborah said...

I enjoyed the pictures of all the groups of friends. I hadn't even met most of them and found tears welling up in my eyes as if I had said good-bye. So glad the hardest part of the move is behind you. It will be great to reunite with Ryan soon and create a new home in England!!

chellag said...

Great pics. And...nice hair cut Ryan! So glad you made it safely and that Kaye was able to make it over to do the flight back w/ you.

What a wonderful adventure you have ahead!

Hugs,
Chella

sandra @ eastern journey said...

Wow. That felt like the fastest move ever!

Michelle said...

Wow! You are there... can't wait to keep reading about the new Payne Adventure across the pond. Remember to drink lots of tea & memorize how much milk and sugar you want with it (I took milk & 2 sugars), the boot is the trunk of the car, and don't say "fanny pack" it is a "bum bag" now =) Lots of love from -The Larsen's (Michelle & Nick)