Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wimbledon

I was royally spoiled last week.  Ryan took the day off to give me a day off!  I spent the night with my parents and then we headed out in the wee hours of the morning to join several thousand other people who were also hoping for tickets to see Wimbledon tennis - so fun!  A whole day of getting to be in the sun, hanging out with my parents, not sharing my food with two red-heads, and watching other people work really hard.  It was great.

We queued up around 6:30am and had a great time playing games and chatting, waiting for our line to start moving.  Mom and I with our queue tickets:

Walking the long route to the main gate:

We started the day watching Sabine Lisicki win her match.  She went on to the play in the semi-finals.  Front row seats!


After seeing the Bryan brothers win (go USA!), we headed to Henman Hill and watched Venus Williams get beat.

Mom and I enjoying the famous strawberries and cream - delish!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Been there done that... But I actually qued up the night before. Tent camped on the sidewalk so I could get tickets to centre court. True awesome experience, huh? Keep sharing your adventures in the UK so I can reminisce. =)

sandra said...

FUN!