Our week started with a walk downtown (yes, we now live close enough to downtown Seattle to walk around!) to a new toy store. Three moms with five kids in tow heading to a fantastic toy store! I was about to pay for a little bus that Rooke found (wishing he had found something else because we have SO MANY WHEELS in our toy box) when one of my friends pointed out a little basketball hoop. Memories of our buddy, Corbett, playing with the same toy a few years ago flashed in my head and I was sold. After Rooke's nap that afternoon, we busted out the new toy and had so much fun! Big Daddy will be proud of his dunking skills!
Then Rooke decided I needed to lay down on all the pillows he could find.
"Lay down, Mommy, lay down. One more pillow. Lay down!"
"Lay down, Mommy, lay down. One more pillow. Lay down!"
Rooke and I headed to a park to give Ryan a chance to study without 3-foot-red-head interruptions. It was a beautiful day for burning some energy.
Catching his breath after all the running. Can I just say that I think my son is adorable? I do. Even with his dorky-looking blue socks and shorts combo (he's outgrown his summer sandals!).
And yesterday we spent the afternoon with James and Averie (and their moms!). I've always said that Rooke is not very aggressive, but I have to qualify that statement. When food is involved (his love language), he's like a bully linebacker. Any time I turned away during "snack time", he was gobbling up the other kid's crackers.
Sweet friends: Jessie (with brand new Saisha Jane) and Jaime. We put the kids down for naps and munched on cookies while watching a movie - so fun!
1 comment:
That hoop is still used several times a week....it is hung on the stairs, doorknobs, cabinet knobs and just about everything else. Hudson & Rett have enjoyed it as much as Corbett does. Can you believe Rooke is the age Corbett was when we visited you!
Post a Comment