Friday, September 4, 2009

The Move: we're official

Gearing up for our big move, we took one last walk down the "main street" of our neighborhood and were excited to see the door to the fire station open! Rooke was pretty excited. After receiving an official "badge sticker" from the firefighter, he was allowed to climb up in the driver's seat and check out the "wheel wheel"!

Now onto the move . . . Rooke discovered the joys of tools!


We were extremely blessed by the help of friends on Saturday. Jaime kept Rooke entertained and out of the way - one of the biggest jobs of the day! =)

Thank you, thank you, friends! There were three more guys not pictured who pitched in as well.

After getting everything in our new apartment, what did I decide to do first?! LAUNDRY! It was so exciting!! This is the first time since moving away for college that I've had my own washer and dryer! If you time it right, I'd probably do your laundry for you!
Now off to eat some cake(!) and unpack another box . . .

7 comments:

on the eastern journey said...

I know you are lovin' on that washer and dryer! What a blessing.

Your belly is so beautiful. I hope you are feeling great.

Andy and Kaye said...

I can't wait to come stay with you guys!

Andy and Kaye said...

The firetruck pictures are great. I wish I could have been there.

Leslie said...

Yay for an in-house washer/dryer! I'm sure it will be even more necessary with two kiddos!

Anonymous said...

I can clearly see Rooke and baby girl are growing! May

Joey2ma said...

I may take you up on the laundry offer!

Chella G. said...

Wow Angela,

I've missed many posts and look at you...a baby girl on the way, a budding singer, a new apartment and fun pics of Sarah's wedding. I've always thought you looked liked your dad, but in so many of these pics your smile and the way you hold your posture look so much like Kaye.

Thanks, as always, for sharing.

Fondly,
Chella